Pale Moon 25.0.2 Free Download For Windows
Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
This is a small update to address a number of teething problems with the new milestone release
- Added a “Firefox compatibility mode” selection in Options -> Advanced.
- This mode is enabled by default (reluctantly so), because too many websites (including some very big players who, themselves, promote an Open Web…) still use very poor browser detection methods based on arbitrary User Agent string comparisons, not catering to alternative browsers, and the resulting user experience being poor (being presented with mobile site layouts, broken pages, or even being flat-out refused service because someone exercises freedom of choice for web browser used). This should alleviate most, if not all, issues with browser-discriminating websites.
- Improved active tab display on particularly dark personas.
- People using “black” personas/lightweight themes should now have a lot less difficulty distinguishing the active tab.
- Disabled SSL 3.0 by default (to put a muzzle on the POODLE).
- Please note that this may cause issues with some poorly configured web servers (usually ones with a hopelessly broken security setup that do not support TLS 1.2 or secure (re)negotiation of the protocol).
- Fixed add-on update issue (that was preventing update checking through addons.palemoon.org).
- Fixed the redundant redundancy in asking redundantly if the browser would be allowed to ask to install an extension when not on addons.mozilla.org.
- Fixed the internal UA-sniffing insanity that broke devtools in a few different and colorful ways.
Download: Pale Moon 25.0.2 | 20.4 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 25.0.2 | 22.1 MB
Download: Pale Moon 25.0.2 x64 | 23.6 MB
Download: Intel Atom-optimized Pale Moon 25.0.2 | 19.3 MB