VLC 2.2.0 RC2 Download Offline installer for Windows
VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC plays absolutely anything. It supports an enormous number of multimedia formats, and does not require you to download additional codecs. VLC features a complete streaming server, with extended features like video on demand, on-the-fly transcoding, granular speed controls, frame-by-frame advancement and more. It can also be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
2.2.0 is a major version of VLC media player, introducing many new features fixing numerous bugs (~500 since 2.1.5, ~800 since 2.1.0).
Notable features of this release are:
- Hardware decoding and zero-copy rendering for Linux (VDPAU), Android (MediaCodec), Linux rPI (MMAL)
- Automatic rotation to fight Vertical Video Syndrome, GPU accelerated
- New formats supported, like MKV/Opus/VP9, H.265, Ogg/VP8, CAF, raw H.265
- Support for Digital Cinema Packages, Blu-Ray BD-J, FTPS
- Restart where you left off feature on Qt and OS X interfaces
- VLC Extensions and Addons downloader
- HLSL shaders on Windows and CoreAnimation output on OS X
- Port of the core on iOS, Android and WinRT
Numerous bugs have been fixed:
- Important refactor of the AVI, WMV, OGG and MP4 demuxers
- Audio loops on Windows using DirectSound
- OpenMax IL decoder, Speex, SRT support
- AVI, Ogg and MP4 muxer
Updates of the translations are, of course, present too. There are literally hundreds of other improvements, so check out the release notes for more details.